Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why Alaska is my favorite place?


I did not have a chance to visit Alaska yet, but I believe that this is my favorite place to live. I was born in a cold climate, close to Russia and I really miss having snow at least 6 months in a year. The other 6 months I would prefer to enjoy the rainy days, with green vegetation and just a few sunny days.

I watched a few movies which were filmed in Alaska, and the geographical aspect made me forget about the movie’s plot. I hope that one day I will be able to live in this wonderful state.

Some people agree that too much night time can be the cause for depression. Well, I don’t consider myself special but I do not agree with this and I will like to try and see how I feel with 67 days with no sun, at the Borrow location (highest Alaskan north location). I think I will probably suffer of depression in the summer time (84 days with continuous sun light).

A few facts about Alaska: it is the largest state from USA; it was purchased from the Russian Empire in the late 19th century; has the longer coastline that all the other US states combined; is the least religious state in the US .

And BTW, Alaska is pretty big:



Picture's source: wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment